Swedish Army Vintage Webbing System
Swedish Army Vintage Webbing System
This detailing of sizes is only intended as a guideline for you connivence and is provided in our own experience of how the many different manufactures and countries apply their own sizing. Please note this does not override any previous methods and is given to act as a point of reference when choosing your item for purchase.
We always advise on using your own experience and any previous items that you already have, to make a comparative decision.
US Chest Sizes; (in Inches)
- Small =Chest 38"
- Medium= Chest 40"
- Large= Chest 42"
- Extra Large= Chest 44"
UK Chest Sizes( in Inches)
- Small =Chest 36"
- Medium= Chest 38"
- Large= Chest 40"
- Extra Large= Chest 42"
- XX Large= Chest 44"
- XXX Large= Chest 46"
Nato/British Size Chart For Shirts, Jackets, Coats, Tops.
- DPM Smock Used 160/88 (Small Short)
- DPM Smock Used 160/96 (Medium Short)
- DPM Smock Used 170/96 (Medium Regular)
- DPM Smock Used 180/96 (Large Regular)
- DPM Smock Used 190/96 (Large Long)
- DPM Smock Used 180/104 (XLarge Regular)
- DPM Smock Used 190/104 (XLarge Long)
- DPM Smock Used 180/112 (XXLarge Regular)
- DPM Smock Used 190/112 (XXLarge Long)
Mondopoint Shoe Sizes
- Size: 230 = 4 UK / 5 US
- Size: 235 = 4.5 UK / 5.5 US
- Size: 240 = 5 UK / 6 US
- Size: 245 = 5.5 UK / 6.5 US
- Size: 250 = 6 UK / 7 US
- Size: 255 = 6.5 UK / 7.5 US
- Size: 260 = 7 UK / 8 US
- Size: 265 = 7.5 UK / 8.5 US
- Size: 270 = 8 UK / 9 US
- Size: 275 = 8.5 UK / 9.5 US
- Size: 280 = 9 UK / 10 US
- Size: 285 = 9.5 UK / 10.5 US
- Size: 290 = 10 UK / 11 US
- Size: 295 = 10.5 UK / 11.5 US
- Size: 300 = 11 UK / 12 US
- Size: 305 = 11.5 UK / 12.5 US
- Size: 310 = 12 UK / 13 US
- Size: 315 = 12.5 UK / 13.5 US
Europe to UK/US Shoe Sizes
- 41= UK7 / US8
- 42= UK8 / US9
- 43= UK9 / US10
- 44= UK9.5 / US10.5
- 45= UK10 / US11
- 46= UK11 / US12
- 47= UK12 / US13
Hats & Head Gear NATO/British in Centimeters
- 54/55= Small
- 56/57= Medium
- 58/59= Large
- 60/61= XL
- 62/63= XXL
- XS= 6.5, 7
- S= 7.5, 8
- M= 8.5, 9
- L= 9.5, 10,
- XL= 10.5, 11.5
One of the last creations of the Swedish military when it relied on conscription is this webbing set. Nordic quality for pennies.
When Sweden downsized its military to about two dozen soldiers and one tank, the old kit was dumped to surplus market for ridiculous prices. This stuff is still somewhat widely available. This webbing set represents the newer end of the kit spectrum.
A very traditional belt + suspenders type solution, the "304" is a mix of the older Swedish webbing and US ALICE stuff. Let's go through the components:
- The belt is about 5 cm wide traditional combat belt with metal grommets for attaching the suspender hooks and adjustment pins, and once it's properly adjusted, you can use the leather belt part to quickly change it's size on the fly if necessary. The absolute maximum length of the whole belt is about 125 cm - apparently any larger men were deemed unfit to fill any roles where they might need webbing.
- The suspenders are X-type and feature very good adjustments and ALICE type metal hook attachment. The hooks attach directly to the belt's metal grommets or those of the pouches.
- The ammo pouches are made of tough nylon material, with silent metal knob closure. These take five M16 mags (the service rifle was at the time the AK-5, copy of the FN FNC), a few 7,62 NATO mags and even a couple of AK mags. The inside dimensions are about 15 x 20 x 6 cm.
Slap on a couple of water bottle pouches and a buttpack (the US models will fit) and you have a pretty decent webbing set on your hands.
In used, but serviceable condition. We don't know when the old stocks will finally run out of the market, so if you need hard wearing kit for low price, we suggest taking action while these are still available.