Swedish Army Trangia Cooking Stove With BurnerSKU: SA94TCSWB.1
The combination of an aluminum mess Tin and brass meths burner alcohol stove. A cooking stove that is basically indestructible, affordable and very effective. The mess tin included is a new production, from Mil-Tec, the rest is all genuine Swedish army surplus including the burner.
- The black mess tin holder by Mil-Tec
- Aluminum Swedish style mess tin by Mil-Tec.
- Original Swedish brass meths burner
- Original Swedish plastic alcohol holder bottle
The burner and bottle fit into the mess tin, which then fits into the black mess tin holder. Cooking is very simple and quick to set up.
- Take the silver mess Tin out from the black holder
- Inside the holder, there are two metal bars which provide a stand for your mess tin. Open these so that when you put the mess tin back in the holder the tin will not go all the way down.
- Get your brass burner from inside the mess tin, unscrew the lid, pour in some fuels, place it on the bottom of the housing (under the wire thingies) and light by holding a burning match/lighter over it.
- Put what you want to cook inside the mess tin and slide it into the holder above the brass burner on top of the metal bars. The metal bars should be above the burner, with the burner siting underneath.
- It will make sense if you had the product in your hands.
- If you are in the U.K you can pick up a bottle of methlyated spirits from Tesco or ASDA for £3, it’s a purple bottle and in the motoring/diy section.
- No fuel is included in the price but a small, empty plastic bottle that carrys your fuel is included.
- Burner cup and fuel bottles are intended for transport in a mess Tin. It is a good idea to put them in a small clear plastic bag before putting it into the Tin. The taste of alcohol or fuel may get into the taste of the food and is a nuisance to clean out.
- Always use the lid when cooking the stuff. Doing so cooks food much faster and keeps you from looking like a daftie when you ask the question, “Why’s it taking so long?”
- Wire handle has a small notch at the top to facilitate hanging kit mess over a campfire, if you have a campfire and don’t need the burner