- Neil C. (Posted on 09/12/2015)
ScoreStove and serviceShopped around for ages for lots of stuff. These guys seemed very good on price on everything and I placed my order. All arrived very quickly, all quality stuff, the trangia very good. Faultless all round service and great goods so will not bother looking around anymore. Would recommend to anyone.
- Merlin M. (Posted on 09/12/2015)
ScoreRelatively goodThe parts pack well into each other so good efficiency there. The supplied burner is massive though, should rather switch to the trangia burner. The system with the lid is neat and works well. But lifting out the main pot you need to take care as the wire handle gets hot if you let it hang down beside the burner. Personally I prefer to use a round pan and a steel one at that but if you don't mind this then I would recommend this.
- derek p. (Posted on 09/12/2015)
Scoreswedish army trangia cooking stove with burnereasy to use, and effective. pot, pan burner, fuel bottle and stove compact and easy to pack into rucksack.
- James F. (Posted on 09/12/2015)
ScoreTrangia in the HighlandsRecently used this bit of kit in Scotland on a 3 day hike n camp, it worked brilliantly and for the the money I really don't think you can beat this kit. Extremely happy with it. Thanks go army
Write Your Own Review
The combination of an aluminum mess Tin and brass meths burner alcohol stove. A cooking stove that is basically indestructible, affordable and very effective. The mess tin included is a new production, from Mil-Tec, the rest is all genuine Swedish army surplus including the burner.
- The black mess tin holder by Mil-Tec
- Aluminum Swedish style mess tin by Mil-Tec.
- Original Swedish brass meths burner
- Original Swedish plastic alcohol holder bottle
The burner and bottle fit into the mess tin, which then fits into the black mess tin holder. Cooking is very simple and quick to set up.
- Take the silver mess Tin out from the black holder
- Inside the holder, there are two metal bars which provide a stand for your mess tin. Open these so that when you put the mess tin back in the holder the tin will not go all the way down.
- Get your brass burner from inside the mess tin, unscrew the lid, pour in some fuels, place it on the bottom of the housing (under the wire thingies) and light by holding a burning match/lighter over it.
- Put what you want to cook inside the mess tin and slide it into the holder above the brass burner on top of the metal bars. The metal bars should be above the burner, with the burner siting underneath.
- It will make sense if you had the product in your hands.
- If you are in the U.K you can pick up a bottle of methlyated spirits from Tesco or ASDA for £3, it’s a purple bottle and in the motoring/diy section.
- No fuel is included in the price but a small, empty plastic bottle that carrys your fuel is included.
- Burner cup and fuel bottles are intended for transport in a mess Tin. It is a good idea to put them in a small clear plastic bag before putting it into the Tin. The taste of alcohol or fuel may get into the taste of the food and is a nuisance to clean out.
- Always use the lid when cooking the stuff. Doing so cooks food much faster and keeps you from looking like a daftie when you ask the question, “Why’s it taking so long?”
- Wire handle has a small notch at the top to facilitate hanging kit mess over a campfire, if you have a campfire and don’t need the burner
- Brand: Swedish Army
- Condition: Used
- Ships worldwide from Glasgow, UK
- Size Guide
Despatched within 24 hours.
Payment MethodsYou can pay by these methods.
We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club and Discover. We also accept Paypal payments. Unfortunately we do not American Express at this moment in time. If you wish to place your order over the phone, please call us on 01236 610 024 if calling from the U.K or 0044 1236 610 024 if calling from abroad.
All orders are processed via our secure servers with 256bit https encryption.
We ship worldwide!
All packages are shipped within 24 hours of receiving your order.
Shipments are sent via express courier in the U.K and UPS/DHL for international orders.
Orders placed before 2pm will be despatched the same day.
Refunds and Exchanges
Error by Goarmy: The customer is liable for all return postage and packaging fees, if Goarmy on receiving the returned item find the item to be faulty or as other than as described we will refund the return fees and offer a full refund or a replacement order which will be at the customer's choice.
Error by Customer: The customer is liable for all return postage and packaging fees. On receiving the returned item Goarmy will offer a full refund minus a small charge for handling and packaging and postage charges or a replacement item (A small postage and packaging fee will be applied).